This Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Counter-UAS) Technology Guide was prepared by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate and the National Urban Security Technology Laboratory (NUSTL). It is intended to educate the national first responder community on Counter-UAS technology.
In order to explain how Counter-UAS technologies operate, this guide provides an overview of small unmanned aircraft system technologies, including key components enabling their operation. The information provided in this guide includes technical, scientific and engineering expertise offered by the NUSTL as well as information gathered from May to July 2018 from internet research, industry publications and manufacturer data.
Examples of the content in the Counter-UAS Technology Guide include:
- UAS technology overview
- Counter-UAS Technologies
- Types of Counter-UAS sensors
- Counter-UAS radar technology
- Counter-UAS passive Radio Frequency (RF) technology
- Counter-UAS electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) camera technology
- Counter-UAS acoustic technology
- Overview of Counter-UAS mitigation or effector technology
- Counter-UAS electronic mitigation
- Counter-UAS kinetic mitigation
Authors- Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology Directorate and the National Urban Security Technology Laboratory (NUSTL)
Stay on top of industry news, developments, resources and articles- Sign up for a free C-UAS Hub Membership to bookmark your favorite content and receive the C-UAS Hub newsletter and important industry updates!