High-Frequency (HF) Direction Finding (DF) Antenna Solution Sought
The Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) is seeking small form factor HF DF antennae that can meet specified physical and accuracy requirements to integrate into and test on a fixed-wing aircraft.
This prototype seeks to identify, select, integrate, and flight test one or more highly accurate, small size, weight, and power (SWaP), High Frequency (HF) Angle of Arrival (AOA) antenna arrays.
DIU seeks to identify, select, integrate, and flight test one or more highly accurate, small size, weight, and power (SWaP), HF Angle of Arrival (AOA) antenna arrays.
Desired HF DF antenna product specifications:
- Must be a working prototype or product that can be demonstrated on an aircraft upon award.
- Should be no larger than L36” x W36” x D16”.
- Should be capable of sensing from 2MHz – 20MHz minimum.
- Should be capable of achieving a root mean square (RMS) of no more than 5 degrees as an average across the frequency range.
- Should be able to direction find (DF) vertical and horizontal polarized signals.
- Should be able to DF at horizon (0 degrees) down to 30 degrees or more depression angle from wings level.
For more information on this opportunity, to include additional selection criteria, please visit the DIU website.
The Area of Interest solicitation will be awarded per the Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO) process detailed here.
Responses are due by February 27, 2023, at 23:59:59 US/Eastern Time
For additional industry opportunities, please visit Industry Opportunities.