DroneShield has introduced SensorFusionAI (SFAI), a versatile 3D data fusion engine designed for intricate environments. Initially implemented as a component within DroneShield’s Command-and-Control (C2) system, DroneSentry-C2, this release now offers SFAI as a standalone module. It can seamlessly integrate into third-party C2 systems on a Software as a Service (SaaS) basis, delivering intelligent fusion capabilities across diverse sensor arrays.
Key attributes of SFAI include:
1. Behavior Analysis – Monitoring and classifying objects while predicting their trajectories.
2. Threat Assessment – Intelligent evaluation of threat levels utilizing a wide range of data inputs.
3. Confidence Levels – Suited for complex, noisy environments with inconsistent data sources.
4. After-Action Reporting – Advanced analytics presented through easily interpretable graphical dashboards.
5. Edge Processing – Employing an edge processing device (SmartHub) to reduce network congestion and enhance scalability.
6. Flexible Input Integration – New sensors seamlessly interface with existing software adaptors, streamlining integration.
7. Cross-Platform Compatibility – Data visualization on DroneSentry-C2, third-party C2 platforms, data analysis tools, alert systems, or security management software.
Angus Bean, DroneShield’s CTO, commented “Detection of drones or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) is moving towards multi-sensor approach for fixed site (and in certain situations, vehicle and ship systems) where the space and budget allows for such approach, due to ability to provide better detection results with multiple sensor modalities, such as radiofrequency, radar, acoustic and camera systems, either deployed in a single or across multiple nodes.”
“However the multi-sensor approach only generates better results, with an intelligent software engine to fuse together the sensor outputs and give an intelligent set of outputs – otherwise adding more sensors is counterproductive as it creates more data without a clear way to manage it.”
Oleg Vornik, DroneShield’s CEO, added “DroneShield seeks to be both the complete supplier of C-UAS solutions where possible, or a subcontractor where it makes sense. There will be numerous situations globally where the customer has an existing preference for another C2 supplier, based on their existing relationships or other requirements. Providing SFAI to such third party suppliers, maximises our market share and further monetises the IP that we have developed.”
SFAI offers distinct advantages over conventional multi-sensor C2 engines. It optimizes the use of different sensors by leveraging their strengths and mitigating their weaknesses:
1. The system intelligently constructs a model using all inputs over time.
2. Confidence values provide flexible sensitivity selection, reducing the occurrence of false positives or false negatives.
3. The prediction model can extrapolate trajectories for continuous tracking, even with limited data.
4. It effectively manages incomplete or contradictory data through a comprehensive object model.
5. SFAI seamlessly fuses all sensor data into a unified intelligence package.
Post Image- Target Tracking with SFAI (Image Credit: DroneShield)