We are looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. As an IT Support Engineer, you will provide all aspects of system administration, operations, and application support for services. The individual must have broad knowledge of all IT software/hardware related issues and the ability to diagnose and solve these issues.
- Provide customer service to an end user base with regards to primarily Linux and Mac computing functionality, questions, diagnostics, assistance, and consultations in one on one or group situations via in person, phone, email and video conferences, etc.
- Provide all aspects of system administration, operations, and application support for services
- Provide consultation in system diagnosis, and resolution in complex system issues.
- Resolves product performance problems using advanced tools / technical knowledge to remediate problems and conduct scheduled installs
- Perform troubleshooting, parts replacement, and repair on servers, desktops, laptops, and attached peripherals
- Performs system upgrades, patching and compliance as required
- Participate in efforts to develop, push, troubleshoot and report on patch levels and compliance using provided tools such as Jamf and Big Fix or other patching tools
- Coordinate and manage moderate size technical projects such as OS upgrades, dual factor authentication, EoL migrations, Virtualization
- Troubleshoot PIV and authentication issues
- Create process improvements and automation solutions.
- Document and monitor processes and procedures necessary for operational compliance
- Minimum of 4 years of directly related work experience including:
- 3+ years supporting/troubleshooting Mac/Linux Desktops/Workstations/servers (GUI and command line)
- 3+ years troubleshooting skills and customer support skills
- 2+ years with patch management, provisioning and monitoring tools and methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with configuring programming environments for Python and C++.
- Experience with Shell scripting (bash, csh, tcsh, etc)
- Experience with the Jamf MDM platform
- Knowledge of the macOS directory structure and various alternate macOS boot modes
- Experience with macOS package management systems MacPorts and Homebrew
- Familiar with Linux topics, such as ZFS, Luks, certificate management, disk management, Linux hardening, configuration managers such as Ansible/Puppet, system configurations, and others.
- Familiarity with network services and protocols
- Familiarity with CIS, NIST, FISMA or other standards and benchmarking
- Understand and recommend software and hardware lifecycle for customer upgrade needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, flexible, self-directed and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as working independently in a dynamic environment is required.
For more Counter-UAS related postings, visit the C-UAS Hub Jobs page.