AVIAN is seeking an MQ-8 Fire Scout Air Vehicle Operator (AVO) / Pilot to join the Navy’s UAV test squadron, UX-24, in Patuxent River, Maryland. Become part of a dynamic team of military, government, and contractors that will usher in the MQ-8 Unmanned Aircraft System and future payloads to support the Marine Expeditionary Force of the future. We are looking for a subject matter expert in launch and recovery operations.
AVIAN (pronounced * ey-vee-uhn *) is an employee-owned, entrepreneurial-spirited company where creative, talented minds flourish and where proactive, productive, proficient professionals feel valued.
We are resourceful, responsive and reachable for various government and commercial clients in program, financial, and logistics management; engineering and systems engineering; test and evaluation of manned and unmanned systems; workforce development and training; communication strategy and graphic design.
The type of work we do is a direct result of the creativity of our team and the talents they bring. But in the end, we are all driven by the purpose of taking care of those around us.
We’re seeking people that are passionate and excited about creating well-crafted products and memorable experiences with our customers. We are not in the market of automated transactions; we build lasting relationships.
Join us in Southern Maryland, close to Washington, DC, and Baltimore, surrounded by miles of beautiful shorelines and away from the desert heat!
- The selected candidate will support a wide range of test and evaluation requirements, including test planning meetings, test plan development, event planning, test procedure and card development, flight briefings, test execution, post-event support, test reporting, and deficiency reporting.
- Act as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of MQ-8 aircraft for launch and recovery efforts.
- Coordinate and actively participate in UAS ground and flight operations efforts, including mission planning, execution, briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management, and safety.
- Define, plan, organize, and execute flight plans and schedules. Review maintenance logs, weather reports, and forecasts.
- Use Technical Orders, other documents, and reports to ascertain factors; such as aircraft weight and balance, fuel supply, route, schedule, and mechanical reliability.
- Maintain the ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Most work will be conducted on-site at NAS Patuxent River, MD; however, some domestic travel will be required in support of flight test activities.
- Previous MQ-8 Launch and Recovery pilot qualification preferred.
- Commercial pilot or a UAV Air Vehicle Officer (AVO) designation by U.S. Armed Forces.
- Minimum of 1,000 documented flight hours (manned/unmanned)
- Minimum of 100 hours in high or medium altitude/long endurance UAV family.
- Able to demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills.
- A graduate of a full-length course of instruction from a recognized military test pilot school, e.g. USNTPS, USAFTPS, Empire or EPNER is desired.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret.
- Active FAA Second Class medical certificate (at time of hire).