Silvus is dedicated to one mission: connecting those who keep us safe. We do so by delivering the most advanced Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) radios powered by our custom and ever evolving Mobile-Networked MIMO waveform. Together, our radios and waveform provide the vital communications for mission critical applications in the harshest environments from underground tunnels to high altitude balloons. Silvus StreamCaster(TM) radios are being rapidly adopted by customers all over the world ranging from the U.S. and Allied Nations Departments of Defense, to International, Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement agencies, all the way to the Superbowl, Grammys and industry-leading drone, robot, and other unmanned systems manufacturers. Headquartered in the heart of West Los Angeles, Silvus’ rapid growth is fueled by a focus on research and innovation and a team of the most passionate, skilled and creative thinking individuals. If you are looking for a fulfilling experience, you owe it to yourself to learn how Silvus can be the next chapter of your career.
The Director of Sales, US Department of Defense, works with and directly reports to the Senior Director of Sales, US Department of Defense, and is focused on increasing sales of Silvus’ MIMO-MANET products within his/her assigned US DoD account domains.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of at least some of the current essential job functions of the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time at its discretion.
● Secure relationships with business partners and customers.
● Responsible for all stages of customer interactions from initial contact, through final sales, and follow-up.
● Identify new programs, market segments, and opportunities that build on the company’s core MIMO solutions.
● Travel in support of trade shows, demos, and customer meetings.
● Perform other duties, as necessary, of which the above are representative.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Prior US DoD military service with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility throughout military tenure.
● Knowledge of military C2, C5ISR, EW, SIGINT applications.
● Leadership/management experience.
● Military acquisition experience.
● Military/aerospace industry experience.
● Experience leading all phases of business capture (whitepapers, proposals, RFI/RFP response, teaming, strategic positioning, etc.).
● Experience with program management.
● Working understanding of alternative MANET technologies and their relative strengths.
● A track record of working with resellers and distributors and overseeing their activities.
● Strong communication skills.
● Solid understanding of US DoD funding and procurement cycles.
● Familiarity with CRADA formulation and execution.
● Must be a U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts.
● Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Security Clearances Required:
● Active SECRET Required
● May require up to 1 – 2 weeks of travel per month.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.