Echodyne offers the world’s first compact solid-state true beam-steering radar for a wide range of industries and applications. Our high-performance radars work in all weather and are designed for autonomous vehicles, uncrewed aircraft & drones, and security of borders, critical infrastructure, and smart cities. The company combines the patented technology of metamaterials with powerful software to create a radar sensor with unprecedented performance at commercial price points. Echodyne offers its radars to companies working in Automotive, Transportation, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Border Security, Smart Cities, Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS), and Airspace Management including Urban Air Mobility (UTM).
Echodyne is seeking a Sr Manufacturing Test Engineer to join our fast-growing team.
- Support test systems throughout the full lifecycle of development, implementation, scaling, and refinement.
- Upgrade legacy test systems to improve automation and consistency.
- Plan/Perform Manufacturing Process Validation in support of product changes.
- Work with product design engineers to include provisions supporting sustainable and automated tests for Echodyne’s Radar/RF components and products.
- Develop Manufacturing Test processes aligned with requirements. Prepare and execute validation plans and reports and develop operating procedures.
- Prepare and execute validation plans, develop operating procedures, analyze and report results
- Work with Contract manufacturing partners to create, implement, and support PCBA testing through a combination of In-Circuit and Functional testing. Optimize test strategy for efficacy, efficiency and ROI.
- Develop and maintain department process documentation in compliance to ISO9000/AS9100 standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Experience analyzing and influencing designs to support improved testability.
- Experience with design and fabrication of test instrumentation and fixtures for testing RF and Analog/Mixed Signal circuitry.
- Proficiency with RF microwave measurement methods and instruments (such as VNA/PNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Meters, etc.) Ability to learn and adapt to advanced RF microwave technology.
- Experience with contract manufacturers in the testing of PCBA/electronic assemblies. Thorough knowledge of PCBA testing standards and methods (In-Circuit and Functional Test).
- Comprehension of schematics, and technical drawings.
- Proficiency in statistical techniques and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize resources to define and solve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
(Looking for one or more as a complement to the core skills)
- Experience with SolidWorks, Altium and/or other industry CAD tools
- Experience developing and sustaining programs written in Matlab or Labview
- Strong oral and written communication/presentations skills
- Ability to assign, prioritize and status both long- and short-term projects
- Manufacturing test experience in a highly regulated industry (FAA, FDA, ISO 9001/AS9100)
- Six-Sigma Green Belt
- BS in electrical, electronic, test engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years in a test engineering or similar environment
- Moderate- to High-level Python programming.
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary range for this position is $111,300 to $157,900 per year.
Our comprehensive benefits package currently includes:
- Incentive stock options
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage benefits for employee and family members
- Unlimited vacation, 12 paid sick days, and 9 paid holidays
- Company paid disability, life insurance, employee assistance program and travel insurance
- 401k Plan