Redesigning the Counter Unmanned Systems Architecture is a Naval Post Graduate School thesis by Christian M. Thiessen. The thesis outlines current Counter-UAS (C-UAS) technology and proposes using airborne C-UAS patrols that have cyber-attack capabilities. The thesis introduces an aerial interdiction device called the Detachable Drone Hijacker, a device designed to deliver cyber-attacks against commercial unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) with no unintended collateral damage.
Publication Date- June 2022
This Thesis contains the following major sections:
- Current Counter Unmanned Systems Technology
- C-UAS RF Mitigation Techniques
- Cyber-Attacks as C-UAS Mitigation Techniques
- Redesigning the Counter Unmanned Systems Architecture
- Experiment Methodology
- Experiment Results and Discussion
Approved for public release. Distribution is unlimited.
Author- Christian M. Thiessen