About the Company
Squarehead Technology designs and manufactures electronically steerable microphone arrays for audio capture and acoustic detection for counter unmanned autonomous systems. Squarehead Technology was founded in 2004 and initially focused on the broadcast industry. After a few years of hard work and determination, demand for audio capture and post processing in various industries moved the business in a different direction. Squarehead is a small and agile company that maintains strong core values and takes a team approach to providing solutions.
Senior Field Application Engineer – Job Requirement
Squarehead Technology is seeking a Senior Field Application Engineer to support our business development operations in North America. This position will be located in the United States.
Responsibilities will involve supporting all customers activities from help desk support to customer on-site operations. Other responsibilities to include supporting demonstrations, conducting field operations with training, in field troubleshooting and/or field repairs, product testing, and support document writing. Applies expert-level skills in area of proficiency and demonstrates expertise at all types of military and commercial field assignments.
- Acts as a spokesperson representing the company on field service technical, contractual, or business issues while acting as an advisor to upper management and customers on sensitive or highly technical issues.
- Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to our customers and distributors.
- Support proposal development, to include assistance with technical proposal writing, white papers, and marketing material.
- Develop/update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in support of the Helpdesk.
- Provide Program Management Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to Task Order PMs.
- Provide expertise in new product and software testing, delivering timely feedback to CX and Engineering teams.
- Assist with logistics for events and trade shows.
- Lift and carry 100 lbs. and perform work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Travel to customer sites and internationally – anticipate 50% travel during busy times and 20% travel during down times.
Help Desk Inquiries and Ticket Resolution
- Answer support requests and provide Tier I and Tier 2 support to customers
- Log and prioritize calls and provide reports as required on Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Possess strong customer service and communications skills
- Analyze, evaluate, and test software and hardware problems
- Enter and update tickets in the contact management system (currently Jira)
- Ensures that incoming inquiries are initially responded to within contract Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Completes technical support request tickets within position scope and responds back to customer within predetermined company acceptable time periods using SLA alert system as tracking method.
- Escalates calls that are beyond position scope to appropriate technical support engineers following company protocols. Ensures that customer is aware of actions and that deadlines for completion are clear.
- Manages customer concerns and provides timely updates during resolution process.
- Serves as the primary point of contact between the customer and internal team and ensures pertinent information for the resolution of tickets are communicated to appropriate parties within an acceptable period.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in related field (years of experience in related field may compensate for lack of formal degree)
- Can work at remote locations without direct supervision
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with time-critical requirements
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and follow-through on assignments in a timely manner
- Determines solutions and advises others in resolving a wide variety of highly complex technical problems
- Must be able to adjust schedule quickly to accommodate urgent requests
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Travel to customer sites and to our headquarters in Oslo, Norway
- Prior military experience either in related field or special forces
- Secret level security clearance
- Understanding of computer hardware, software, and computer networks
- Technical certifications in related field