Echodyne offers the world’s first compact solid-state true beam-steering radar for a wide range of industries and applications. Our high-performance radars work in all weather and are designed for autonomous vehicles, uncrewed aircraft & drones, and security of borders, critical infrastructure, and smart cities. The company combines the patented technology of metamaterials with powerful software to create a radar sensor with unprecedented performance at commercial price points. Echodyne offers its radars to companies working in Automotive, Transportation, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Border Security, Smart Cities, Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS), and Airspace Management including Urban Air Mobility (UTM).
Echodyne is seeking a Regional Sales Manager with Federal sales experience to join our fast-growing team.
If you want to make an impact, develop a territory, and are a challenger, we want to hear from you!
- Identify, develop and qualify new business opportunities and drive deals from start to finish
- Build and maintain an opportunity pipeline and provide weekly sales forecasts
- Develop the overall capture strategy
- Identify internal and external support needed and cultivate strategic partnerships
- Orchestrate solution implementation at the customer site as needed to maintain high satisfaction levels
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives within prospective accounts
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers
- Lead the development of customer profiles, including customer needs, issues, hopes, and biases
- Lead and coordinate competitive assessments, determining the strengths and weaknesses of Echodyne solutions and potential competitors in the defense marketplace
- Build mutually-beneficial relationships with defense-focused Integrators and Resellers
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed revenue targets and KPIs and be well-compensated for doing so
- Conduct on-site demonstrations of the product and represent Echodyne at conferences and test sites
- Manage customer relationships beyond the close to ensure expansion and renewal of business
- Keep track of closed deals and win-loss performance and share your insights and challenges so the team can move faster, improve, and sell more!
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional performance selling into the US Defense Industry (B2B) or US Government & Public Sector (B2G)
- Experience integrating products with Video Management Systems (VMS) market share leaders
- Proven track record of capturing net-new business and exceeding quota
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated technical acumen and the ability to articulate technical concepts
- Ability to develop a sales territory plan that aligns with the overall corporate strategic plan
- Excellent forecasting and qualification skills
- Experienced in owning meetings/presentations at executive levels
- Demonstrated success selling into large, cross-functional programs
- Ability to travel up to 50%
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
(Looking for one or more as a complement to the core skills)
- Experience selling physical security solutions and hardware
- Experience selling to and through value added partners/integrators
- Experience selling into the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Solid understanding of government procurement processes, FARS, DFARS, federal contracting and contract vehicles, regulations and teaming agreements
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA, or equivalent preferred
- 5 years (minimum) of full-cycle, complex field sales
- 3 years of experience selling into the Federal Government
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
WHAT WE OFFER
The pay range for this position is a base salary of $130,000 – $150,000 per year plus commission on a 50/50 pay split.
Our comprehensive benefits package currently includes:
- Incentive stock options
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage benefits for employee and family members
- Unlimited vacation, 12 paid sick days, and 9 paid holidays
- Company paid disability, life insurance, employee assistance program and travel insurance
- 401k Plan
TRAVEL: Travel as required, both air and ground; 40-50%